BSIE Program Mission:
- To provide graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to assume challenging jobs in leading private and public organizations, pursue advanced studies, or start-up their own businesses.
- To provide employers with graduates who are technically competent, have basic management and inter-personal skills, and ability to professionally grow and develop their careers.
- To provide the society with graduates who conduct themselves professionally and ethically and who appreciate the impact and importance of their work on society.
BSIE Program Educational Objectives (1-3)
- Be successfully employed in challenging or satisfying positions in the public or private sector.
- Achieve professional growth through participation in advanced studies at the graduate level and/or career development activities.
- Show a commitment to industrial engineering as a global service profession and practice with integrity, honesty, and objectivity.
ABET EAC Student Outcomes (a-k)
Engineering programs must demonstrate that their students attain:
- a. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- b. an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- c. an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- d. an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- e. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- f. an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- g. an ability to communicate effectively
- h. the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- i. a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- j. a knowledge of contemporary issues
- k. an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.